Monday, April 26, 2010

ArtWalk 2010

What a weekend! Had a wonderful and intense time. Absolutely froze,
got great feedback, experimented with my pallette, did a decent
acrylic sketch and even sold a (tiny) painting.

Our location was great, ended up introducing a lot of passers by about
the ArtWalk since we were right across from starbucks and thrifty's.
The space was great - huge windows but no heat so ended up quite
chilled by the end of the day.

There were some confused people who eventually found us after ending
up at a different spot. Apparently one of the artists at another
location went rouge. She didn't like her spot and decided to show
somewhere else, apparently near or on the way to our spot. Pretty
insulting to the organizers and volunteers who made it all possible
and to the locations who were so gracious in their support of local
artists. Kind of takes the community out of community based art.

I took the opportunity presented by the two days to really dissect the
pallette from my landscape workshop. I'm now more aware of the
character of most of the pigments and how they mix and ir is a good
fexible core of colors. I'll have to clarify my notes a bit more, and
explore the remaining few odd colors before I'll be confident to takle
the landscape again.

Saturday ended up being quite difficult as I stayed up late scanning
and framing. Then I couldn't sleep because I was too wound up! Thank
goodness I could sit all day... Not the best way to start off, really
felt quite ill for most of the day.

Sunday I felt much better and really enjoyed talking to folks about
art, my work, their work, and the ArtWalk. So many creative folks out
here in the burbs! It's always neat to see how people respond to my
paintings, even if it is a bit nervewrecking beforehand. Unfortunately
(?) I got into the zone a bit with my painting and testing so I may
have missed out on interacting at some points.

All in all I'm very happy to have participated this year and to have
met some very nice and talented artists. Which is the best part about
sharing a venue!

[sent from iPhone]

No comments: