Thursday, March 11, 2010

Extreme Fail / Resounding Success

Well it turns out attempting to complete 5 paintings in 6 weeks was
even more impossible than I had imagined. Throw in getting sick for
two weeks offset slightly from our daughter's 2 week illness, flaky
childcare, a trip to Seattle, a long visit by the in-laws, a long visit
by my mom, a 4th birthday party, and the Olympics I'm surprised any
painting got done at all!

Yet it did and I have two paintings I'm happy to show, another two in
the works, and plenty of ideas for others. I think we'll have a very
strong concept for our proposal and a good chance at a show. I've
also got a great routine of getting into the studio daily now which
I'm planning on keeping up with, except for the late hours!

Good pictures to follow tomorrow - after the application is turned in, these are all from the cell phone with my standard wacky light setup.

No comments: