Sunday, February 3, 2008

Slowly but surely


So the painting is coming along super slowly - I keep promising myself to work more loosely and use my big brushes and I keep ending up pulling out the 0's. This picture isn't totally up to date as I've finally broken into the big white square and started painting the rocks (b+w pass first, then I'll decide on colors) And there was another glazing pass on the snowflake. I've realized I'm making a painting that will be impossible to capture in a single photograph as I'm taking advantage of the acrylics to do things viewable at different angles.

This is the first time I've had a regular studio practice since grad school and it feels great - although the lack of sleep might get to me - I can get a few hours in after X is asleep now that I have a ton of lights in the studio - a few cool Otts to balance my big floods - it will be quite a warm setup in summer but for now it's perfect!

No comments: